Monday, April 7, 2014

March 31, 2014

Well dont have much time today...
but this week has been a busy one for sure. we did have a baptism this last saturday and it went very well...very special for all of us. she is a wonderful person and will make a great member!! but this last week...i dont know....i have been filled with the desire to just study the scriputres and to strenghten my testimony, more than i have ever felt before in my life. i just want to read the scriputres and study the words of the prophets. i recently finished the ensign talks from october conference and i loved reading it!! every time was a privilegio a was so special. they truely are prophets and apostles of the lord jesus christ! i know it!!!!! and i love them. i cant wait to here from them this sat. and sun.
But this last week has cuased me to really reflect of counting the blessings that i have in my life. the scriputres say that we must give thanks for all the things that god gives to us. when we give thanks we are humble. when we are humble....we recieve the blessings of heaven and we are more receptive to the spirit. when we are more receptive to the spirit we can know what the lord wants of us to do and he will guide us in all our paths! there are so many other things that i can say about that...but being humble is crucial. count your many blessings. my heart is full of gratitude to god for all that he has given me. for my family, my mother and father who are the best in the whole world. words cannot describe the love that i have for them and my wonderful siblings. your examples and the ways that you live are blessings in my life. i am greatful for my friends, my cousins, my aunts, uncles, grandparents, leaders, other families that i know who have helped me along the way. this mission, the chance to change lives and bring others unto christ!! it is wonderful!! for my investigators, my comp, my ward there and here. there are so many things. i could just sit here and write all day!!!!!!!! but the thing is....we have so many blessings...and our heavenly father only wants to bless us more. he desires more than anything to give his children good gifts as the scriptures say....but we must do our part first. do the fundamentals and watch the blessings come pouring in. i know that this is true and i testify that it will occur as we are faithful and continue pressing steadfastly forward.
i love you alll so much. thank you for all your love and support on my behalf. words cannot not express my gratitude fo ryou all. i pray that we all can be humble and turn to the lord in all things. and be guided by the king of kings in all things. may we all give gratitude to the most high god and do as elder bednar has invited us to...to say a prayer just of gratitude unto god. and you will be changed.
i invite us all to pay attention to the words of the living prophets this weekend and feast upon their words for they are the words directly from the heavens. it is our heavenly father speaking to us. may we ever be diligent in strenghtening our personal testimonies and helping others to do the same. be humble. be grateful. and teh lord will bless you in more ways than you can think...and eventually we will have eternal life. which is the greatest of all the gifts of god. and we can live together as a family forever. this is my uptmost prayer.
i love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weston
--
Elder Birtcher
PerĂº - Arequipa Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment