Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Family and Friends!!! 12-2-13

Family and Friends!!!
I dont even know where to start. Just that i know this work is so true! we saw sooooo many miracles here in the past week but this week i just want to talk about Saturday nov. 30. It was my day of miracles. I am going to try and type it fast cause i dont have much time so if it doesnt make sense...sorry. Well saturday was the craziest day i have ever had in the mission and possibly my life. we got up and went running like we do sometimes. the mornings are great here...the afternoons are horrible but whatever...when we got back to our house i got a call from elder heward our zone leader and he asked me and elder pulido to cancel our appointments if we had any for the morning and come over to there house because there had been an accident and they needed help. So we headed over with our service clothes. a little background information first....in the house of our zone leaders they have a roof that was full of dirt and garbage and whatever other trash on the roof...well our zone leaders fixed it all up and put the dirt a big pile on the side of the roof and stacked bricks around it to keep it secure and in one place....well that dirt eventually collapsed because of the weight on the bricks that werent strong enough to hold all that dirt and took with it chucks of concrete and rock off the roof and felll onto a little hut down below. this little room is not big at all and completely destroyed it. it was a mess!!! we had to climb through the roof to get into the little room because we couldnt open the door because of all the things that were blocking it on the other side. Well the miracle is...there was a baby sleeping in that room when the accident occured. I cleaned up that room and i can honestly say i dont know how that baby could not have died had it not been for the hand of the lord in sparing and protecting his child. The baby was untouched as more than a ton of dirt and rock and conceret chuncks fell into that room. there was a wooden board that had fallen and was resting about a foot above the babys head but nothing touch the baby. My testimony was strengthen so much and i know that it was an absoulute miracle. i got to hold that babys hand and i just saw an important work for him to do as he grows up. But that was miracle number 1. we were cleaning up for a long time but elder puldio and i had appointments for 2 of our investigators who needed interviews with president for their baptisms that day too. the plan was that they were to have their interviews at 11 and their baptisms at 5 so we headed down to the church to find one of our investigators but no president. we waited and we waited. we had to leave him and run and find a telephone to call president but all was well...he was coming. well he showed up and had an interview with our one investigator named bryan. bryan before the interview told us that he was so scared and nervous and didnt know what to do. after the interview president came and grabbed me and said hey you are going to baptize and can we do it now?...We were like...president we dont even have water in the font....but president told us that he wants to be baptized now and he cant wait. so we moved his baptism to 4 that afternoon becasue we had to go and find clothes and fill the font and everything....miracle 2. well marco, our other investigator didnt show up to the interview like he told us he would. so we called him and talked with him for a bit and the next plan was at 4 during the baptism of bryan, he would have his interview with president and then he would be baptized a 5. Well we got everyhting ready and had a wonderful baptism for bryan in which i got to have my first baptism in teh mission. it was the most amazing experience i have ever seen. i got ot also play a specail musical number for him as well. it was amazing. well anyways, marco didnt show up again for the interview and president recieved a text that said....im sorry, i cant do this anymore, i need to straighten out the problems in my life, im sorry, have a great day....well president grabbed us and said we are going to go find him. so we drove to his house...and he wasnt there. we didnt know what to do. so we got in the car and we prayed. i got to offer the prayer and pleaded with heavenly father to help us know where to go and to help us find marco. well, with marco when he gets upset or scared or has fear....he drinks, he smokes, he goes to sleep, or he goes to the casinos in which he has an addiction to. Well the spirit works and speaks...i testify of that. and we all felt that we needed to go to the casinos and look for him. so we drove down to the strip in centro and we got out, took the plaques off (presidents request) and went into the casinos and went looking for marco. haha you should have seen the faces on everyone in those casinos...3 men in suits and ties going up and down every isle looking for someone. their faces were priceless!!hahaaha we felt like the FBI. yes we did get checked for guns and weapons and casino security was on their toes...sort of following us wondering what was going on. Anyways we went into 5 different casinos and no luck. One, never go to the casinos it is horrible. and two, im just glad our suits didnt smell of smoke afterwards..it was horrible. well we didnt find him and all so president told us to go back to the car and we would return to marcos house. as we got into the car and started it....there was marco walking on the sidewalk right past our car...we tore out of the car and booked it over to him. miracle 3 (no i cant even keep track anymore...there are so many more than that). i testify that we were lead by the spirit to find marco in the exact moment and exact time that we needed to, right as we were about to leave. we found him in the most crowded place in all of tacna in the precise moment. what a miracle. i am reminded of the scripture in 1 nephi 4:6 that says i was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things that i should do. it was a miracle. anyways dont have much more time but marco had his interview and he was bapitzed yesterday morning at 8:30. this gosepl is true. i saw a man who was a drunk, a smoker, and a gambler give it all up and recieve a remission of his sins and recieve the holy ghost and the priesthood yesterday. i got to confirm him. bryan also was confirmed and recieved the preisthood to. you should see their faces. i have never seen anyone more happy. this gosepl changes people. I love this work. i love being a missionary. and i am grateful for the miracles that i was able to witness and be apart of. Jesus is the Christ and he lives. He lives!!!! i know it. my testimony is on fire and i am buring inside. Words cannot describe my feelings right now. i am filled with so much love for these people. what a blessing in my life.
I am so happy.

I love you all and i hope you all have a wonderful week. God bless you all and protect you.
Till next week,

Elder Weston Birtcher
Peru, Arequipa Mision

No comments:

Post a Comment