Monday, May 18, 2015

May 7, 2015
Buenos Dias Familia,

Well for news from Mollendo...Its been a full week. It was a great chance for Elder Heywood to get better at his spanish and contact more people in the streets and in their doors. We taught some really great lessons with some new investigators that we have found and have placed 7 baptismal dates on the people we are teaching. We had another great turnout in our little branch here-it actually becoming one of the strongest branches here in Mollendo! The chapel is super super small and barely fits anyone in there, but if we keep up the attendance number for a good 3 months...they will build a bigger chapel just across the street in the HUGE acre lot that the church has here. That is my goal!

My district is sure improving, which is really exciting the zone to get better and work harder. We are going to have a great month. I have sure learned once more the importance of family. Families are everything....I think in all my past months in the mission i have baptized many indiviuales (completing the family) but i have not yet baptized a FULL family yet. I think i came with that determination here to find whole Families and help them all come unto christ. And we have been so blessed to find about 5 new families since we have been here and they are progressing and excited to learn more. The spirit has helped us find more and teach them according to what they need to hear. I love these Mollendinos, they are a great people. And they must love us 2 gringos. :)

We are working with a family, 2 couples planning on getting married and baptized the 23rd of this month and in order to have some money to get all their papers done and sent in...we did a BBQ for them. So on Saturday we were busy cutting food, and cooking meat and everything (no its not like your BBQs there in the states...but it works) and we got to go and delivery food to other people in the ward. Had a great turnout and they are on their way to get their papers all in order to get baptized!

Not much else to say around here. I am doing well. I dont think i have been so tired in such a long time. I need to not get fat and i need to keep doing the lords work. I love being here in Mollendo, we just got to find some cool pday ideas to do around here...there really isnt much to do here. And since the major options we CANT do here (swimming, the movies, etc.) so we have to make our own fun. So i will be using my creativity more. I love my comp. We are working hard as always. 

Love you all so much. The plan of salvation that god has for us is real. He has his plan and we have our purpose here. We are to have joy. We to have trials, but within the trails we are to remember god and come out conquering. The lord lives. I testify of that. He loves each one of us. May we love him as he loves us. 

Elder Birtcher
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment