Monday, April 13, 2015

¿Como les han ido?


I hope you all had a great week. Sounds like things are a little bit calmed down from what you letter said...thats always nice to have (more time). 

I guess before i tell all that went on here this last week....i just want you to know that i have seen the hands of the lord and have felt his guidance and his spirit. I know many times these letters are just full of details about the same stuff: trainings and more trainings and traveling....but through each training or conference meeting that we have, i come to know my savior even more and i feel closer to him as i feel him guide my words and touch the hearts of those i speak to. I would say that is one of the biggest blessings that i have recieved having this assignment at this time. I really have come to see how the lord helps his children and us, his representatives. I guess i have seen that all along, but more so now as this is my last week being an Assistant. I have loved the experience, i have loved being so close to president Zobrist and his wife and learning from them. i truely love my President and his Wife, they remind me so much of you mom and dad, that i feel at home when i am with them, and i feel as though i can speak about whatever when they are around. What a blessing it has been to be here.

This last week was a week of "lasts" i guess. We had my last leadership council meeting with the Zone Leaders and Hermana Leaders on Monday and Tuesday. We traveling to my beloved city of Tacna for the last time (where i started the mission) on Wednesday and Thursday for a Zone Conference with 5 zones down there. And i took my last flight as an Assistant (traveling the mission) as well as my last zone conference which took place on Friday. We had 10 zones together (about 200 missionaries) that we got to train. So a lot of lasts, but i have loved it and enjoyed it...but now its time to get back into the field and do the next things the lord would have me do. I havent finished. There are more people to find in my next area, i have more companions and more peoples hearts to touch....so its time to go and WORK!!! i am sure excited about that....especially if i have the chance to train for my last 2 changes. i hope so. :)

We also did another musical recital here with our zone and another zone here in Arequipa, in honor of Easter. We titled the recital "He Lives (Él Vive)" and you talk about a special spirit. I was able to play the violin again in many different pieces, accompanying and soloing. President came to support us and it turned out very nice. I am sure happy about that. I hear that more zones are already in the process of putting other recitales together and they have already asked me to play in those with them.....i guess it all depends on if i stay here in Arequipa for my last 2 changes or if i get transfered outside the city. I have a feeling i will be leaving outside....who knows. 

This last week i have learned that we must have faith in 3 things: the lord, ourselves and our abilities, and in the people around us. I have also learned that we must love the people as Christ would, and to see them as how he would. We must take out our own eyes (figuratively speaking) and put in their place, the eyes of Christ. We must see everything how christ would. Our callings, our friends, our companions (here), the ward....through changing our perspective on these things will open our eyes more and really change who we are and how we act. That i know, because i have experienced it. It sure isnt easy, but its possible through daily scripture study and prayer. 

i love the savior and i know he lives. he loves us and wants us to come home. 


be a missionary today....and for always. 

 
Weston 

1-4-3

No comments:

Post a Comment